- Fall Semester
- Thursdays 9am-3pm, Sept 5 – Dec 12, 2019
- Spring Semester
- Thursdays 9am-3pm, February 6 – May 7, 2020
- Fall overnight: Sept 26-27, 2019
- Spring overnight: May 21-22, 2020
Grades: 6th-8th (2019/20 school year)
Location: Rock Point, Burlington, VT
** financial aid available **
South Village Middle School Cohort
Registration is closed for the 2019/2020 School Year. Check back in June of 2020 for 2020/2021 Registration.
Contact us about being added to our newsletter.
The Field School is a big buffet of skills, activities, and creative possibilities. In the South Village we build on this model by offering a complementary program for a cohort of middle schoolers. The middle schoolers will work together to design personal learning objectives to learn a trade (e.g. song writing, spoon carving, wild medicinal plants, storytelling, game facilitation), explore Vermont in a series of field trip adventures, and take a leadership role in facilitating transformative and engaging experiences for younger kids.
Each apprentice will learn from staff, their peers, and the campers a range of skills that varies from season to season. Middle schoolers do not need any prior experience with the Field School, just a sense of curiosity and excitement to learn. They will also receive feedback and guidance on being an effective leader from staff.
Space is limited to 7 participants, so sign up early to get a spot!
- Building skills (i.e. carving, weaving, woodworking, tanning hides, etc)
- Pushing edges and taking responsibility
- Leading and playing nature-based games
- Creating and telling stories and songs
- Swimming, canoeing
- Exploring new places