What: 5-person Vermont City Marathon relay team
Who: Open to runners of all skills, ages 11-18. No prior experience with Crow’s Path programs required.
When: Practices Wednesdays 5-6:30 beginning March 4, VCM relay on May 24, see full schedule below
Cost: FREE! Any donations from participants will go to supporting RunVermont’s Junior Milers program.
Send an email to Coach Teage to join the team!
Vermont City Marathon Relay Team
Teage here. When I’m not out in the woods teaching or exploring, I’m running. And each year as I train through the gloomy winter, my stride and spirit are lifted by that distant thought of toeing the line at the Vermont City Marathon. Part of what draws me to the race is the joy of getting all those high fives from Crow’s Path families as I race through 26.2 miles of beautiful Burlington. What a joy!
Wanting to share my enthusiasm for running with the Crow’s Path community, I put together a relay team last year. And it was a blast! We’re stoked to get another 5-person relay team together this year (ages 11-18). For our second go, we’re linking up with RunVermont’s Junior Milers Running Program. As part of our relay team you’ll join other teams from the Junior Milers program for 12 weeks of training for the big day on May 24. The program meets for practice in Burlington every Wednesday from 5-6:30 starting March 4th (full schedule below). Each team member will receive:
- a super slick Crow’s Path racing singlet,
- a pair of running shoes,
- 2 running shirts,
- 12 weeks of coaching, and
- an entry to the relay of the Vermont City Marathon.
- Monday, February 24: registration deadline to apply for the Junior Milers program.
- Wednesday, March 4: Junior Milers Kick Off
- Wednesdays 5-6:30pm, March 4 – May 17: Runners meet with their coaches and teams one or two times per week (Saturday practices @ 10am are optional)
- Saturday, April 11: Unplugged Half Marathon Water Station Volunteer Requirement
- Saturday, May 23: Pre-race potluck at Coach Teage’s house
- Sunday, May 24: People’s United Vermont City Marathon Relay